Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Classroom correspondence

Hey all,

I wanted to write a quick post about doing a classroom correspondence. I already have a class that I do a monthly correspondence through with Peace Corps. The local private school has expressed interest in setting up a correspondence between the Malagasy students and American students. The class I am currently writing to is a high school class, but the school here has students starting from around kindergarten age up through about 16 years old. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who knew of any other interested group of kids (can be a school group, church group, or otherwise)? I think this would be especially cool for younger kids. Honestly, I still need to talk with the school director and teachers to figure out how the correspondence would work because while the students here do learn some English they are definitely not fluent. I also don’t know if the school already has funding to send the letters or if I would need to find that as well. Please let me know if you are aware of any interested groups of children, but keep in mind that they will probably be responsible for postage for their letters sent from the states (an airmail stamp from the U.S. is 98 cents and I think covers something like 10 ounces). The school year here will start back around October. Feel free to email me (natureles@gmail.com) if you are interested or have questions. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment