Wednesday, January 18, 2012

5 Things You May or May Not Know About Me.

Courtesy of the villagers.

1. I am BIG.
This is meant as a compliment. Recently, a pregnant woman told me I was bigger than her. Also, I'm so big you won't recognize me when I come home.

2. I am WHITE.
Enough said.

3. I love beans.
Beans happen to be one of the only protein sources I find reliably at my site, so I do have them a lot. Also, it seems like people have a knack for asking me what my "ro" is on days that I'm eating beans, even if its been a long time.

4. I'm related to ALL white people in Madagascar.
A nearby volunteer is my twin. Yes, my twin passes by frequently and just drops a note without ever stopping to visit. Her family passed through on the way to Marojejy, a family of tall, blond people. I got asked about my family's visit.

5. My name is pronounced "Less-LEE."
Or "Les-i-LEE" or sometimes just "Slee." It's also spelled Lesly.

No comments:

Post a Comment