Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Reinvigorated

In case you didn't read the last post, I'm relaxing in Tana after a visit from Mom and Meredith.  Tomorrow I'll hop a plane back to Sambava and return to Ambohimanarina, where it's quite possible they'll be surprised to see me.  There were definitely some people that saw our luggage and thought I had packed up to go home.  Today I marked the occasion, possibly my last time in Tana for about 5 more months, by eating a hamburger and some ice cream.  Not bad.

I'll be back in my village cleaning up my house and enjoying my new American things.  I've got new(!) Time magazines to get me a little bit up to speed and a Kindle full of books, plus so many other goodies that I couldn't be more appreciative of!

I've been a bit uninspired with the blog lately, so post a comment or email me if there's something you'd really like to hear about.  For now I'll add a few photos for your enjoyment...

Photo from a bike ride near my village.  There's a small house wherre I would totally live if it was a few thousand miles closer to my family.

Vingt-six family lunch this year.  Yes, I'm huge.  They tell me all the time.

Morning rainbow!  It was a full rainbow but I couldn't capture it all.

Relaxing on the beautiful beach in St. Marie.

Relaxing.

Oh My God! There's WHALES!

Hiking queens.

Check out the cassava.  And yes, I'm so cool.

Waterfront dinner.

Pousse-pousse.

Supermarket in St. Marie.  Yes, we have a few "vazaha" style supermarkets on this island.

Beach breakfast!

Whales!

Is that a rooster or a really tall chicken?  You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment