Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halfway

This week marked the halfway point of my internship here in Ohio. I can't believe I've already been here for 4 weeks! This past week we had a larger group of kids that included boys. I really liked my group of kids this week and we had a lot of fun together. It was definitely harder to keep a bigger, co-ed group of 10 and 11 year olds paying attention to you but at the end of the week all the kids said they had a great time.

The weather in Ohio is definitely turning. Last weekend I went to Alum Creek State Park for a run and tried to get some good foliage photos. After my car was frosted over one morning I invested in an ice scraper. I haven't lived somewhere where I needed one since I've been driving. I have been trying to bike to work as much as possible, it saves me a lot of money on gas and saves the environment. Because we start work at 7:30 I have to bike in the dark, so thank goodness I have some good lights and a helmet! Friday morning it was 32 degrees out when I biked in. I had a really hard time thinking about anything other than how cold I was on my bike ride to work, I'm really going to have to make some sort of cut off for how much I can stand before I decide to drive instead of biking.

I know you're probably all wondering what my plans are for the future. I just accepted an invitation to join the Peace Corps, so I'll be leaving for Guinea on December 1. I'm nervous about how soon that feels but am excited about a new adventure. So, once I finish up here I'll be headed to Massachusetts for Thanksgiving then to North Carolina for a quick visit before I leave the country. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with this blog, but I'll also be collecting addresses so I can write letters while I'm away.

That's all for now, have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment