Saturday, January 19, 2013

Vacation Part 1

Well, I am on my last day in Paris before I head to London and ultimately back to Madagascar.  I had a great time seeing Dad and Christine.  Visiting with family after such a long time is pretty amazing, and I was sad to say goodbye!

We pretty much did all the big tourist things there are to do here in Paris.  There was the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, Musee Marmottan (full of Monet's paintings), Champs d'Elysees.  My shoes turned out to be totally inappropriate for cold weather (it has snowed here--yikes!) and the soles fell off, so we braved a huge department store to get a new pair of boots.  I did laundry in a machine for the first time since 2011 and went to a movie theater.

Here are some photo highlights:

We became metro masters.

And drank  a  lot of hot beverages.  (It was COLD)

And ate delicious food.  Yum!

Smelling perfume in the scariest department store ever.

Notre Dame

In front of Napoleon's tomb.

In front of Versailles.

Christine and Dad seal their love by locking a "love lock" on a Paris bridge, then throwing the keys in the Seine.  (We were all a bit worried about their marriage before that...)

The Louvre (and my fancy boots)

Atop the Eiffel Tower

Lavitra!  Far from home at the Eiffel Tower.

So I can't thank Dad and Christine enough for a great trip and I have to say I'm feeling pretty excited (and a little less nervous now) about heading back to America in May.  But I'm also excited for the rest of my vacation and time in Madagascar.  I'll keep you all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment