Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Photo update

Enjoying a little break from my sweaty life at site for some time in another sweaty northern Madagascar city. More on my life later, but wanted to share a couple photos while I have the opportunity.



Getting my hair braided. Have had it braided 4 or 5 times now. Good activity to fill the time and hang out with friends, and everyone thinks its so exciting to see the white girl with braids.


Obligatory cute child photo.

Andapa basin! Recently had a meeting of volunteers in Andapa. Check out all that fertile rice!

Andapa city from an overlooking hill.

Waterfall at Marojejy. Thanks to researcher Erik Patel for inviting me to come along on a trip to the park!

Silky Sifakas in Marojejy!

Another Silky Sifaka.

Taxi-brousses. Yes, that's a goat on top.

Agroforestry. On the bottomside of the canal you see the trees that are starting to grow. On the topside, rice. Some of it's getting pretty tall. I hope that makes up for the other areas where it failed to grow. Harvest in May/June-ish.


That's the current snapshot. Hope all is well with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment