Sunday, May 26, 2013

Warm welcome

So it's been just over a week since I got back to USA, and boy, what a week!

Last week I landed in Hawaii to vacation with my mom, sister Meredith, and Meredith's boyfriend Craig.  We went to Kauai, the most un-developed Hawaiian island and it was beautiful.  We spent the week enjoying the sun at the pool and beach, snorkeling, kayaking, taking an awesome helicopter tour of the island.  Pretty darn awesome.  There's a lot to do, so I guess I'm going to add Kauai to my ever-lengthening list of places I want to go (/return to again) in my life.  Any tips on how to make money and travel the world would be much appreciated.

After Hawaii I hopped a plane and headed back to North Carolina.  Hello, continental U.S.  I spent the weekend in the Triangle for a wedding.  I have to admit the prospect was kind of scary to me: lots of white people, including strangers, in a formal setting.  It turned out to be a blast.  I received a really warm welcome by everyone, and got to dance the night away (one of my favorite activities).  I also got to see some of my best friends in the world and celebrate with them, which was pretty exciting.  It went by fast, and I really hope I can get to spend some better one-on-one time catching up with everyone in the coming weeks.

Now it's on to visiting the family, which should be just as rewarding.  I'm on the job hunt, but have already had one interview and another interview is scheduled, so that's pretty encouraging.  If you know of any school gardens out there looking for helpers, let me know!

Thanks to everyone who has warmly welcomed me back to USA, I have a phone now so please feel free to call or text because I'd love to catch up.  I'll be bouncing around along the east coast over the next few weeks, so I hope to see you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment