Saturday, April 20, 2013

Samitsara!

It's official, I'm an RPCV (returned PCV, though not quite returned to the USA just yet).  That's right, I survived two years in rural Madagascar.  I'm not really ready to sum it all up for you, not sure if I'll really ever be able to.  Over the past two years I feel like I've felt every possible emotion as strongly as it could be felt.  Overjoyed, terrified, annoyed, ecstatic, frustrated, apathetic, afraid, excited, disconnected, overstimulated...  At our close-of-service conference, PC handed back our "aspiration statements" that we wrote just before coming to Madagascar.  What I got out of my PC experience wasn't at all what I anticipated going in.  But even without a lot of time to reflect on the experience, I know that I have gotten so much out of my PC service.  So to all of you out there who have had some part in my service, whether you wrote, followed the blog, visited, worked with me, sent good vibes, or whatever, thanks so much for making it great!

Today I flew to South Africa to begin my journey home.  I'll be here looking for the mainland Africa stuff that Madagascar's missing (lions and tigers and bears, oh my!), then headed off to Singapore/Thailand area for around 3 weeks.  If you have any tips on places I should stop in Asia, please let me know!  I'll try to keep you all updated and hope to see some of you back in the USA.

So for now, Samitsara Madagasikara, andro hafa koa!

No comments:

Post a Comment